Often the performers of a song are given full credit by the public, but what about those people behind the scenes who penned the song in the first place? Here are a few songwriters of great songs we all know and love who deserve some of the limelight.
- Max Martin Martin is known in the songwriting business as one of the most successful of all time. This Swedish writer has the most number one hits right behind Lennon and McCartney. He has written for artists such as Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Kanye West, Maroon 5 and Taylor Swift.
- Lukasz Gottwald Gottwald has worked closely with Martin, but has made a name for himself in the songwriting community. Formerly a Saturday Night Live guitarist, this songwriter has written songs for Miley Cyrus, Ke$ha, Pink and Pitbull.
- Nadir Khayat aka RedOne Perhaps most famous for his work with Lady Gaga, Khayat, a Moroccan born songwriter, has also written hits for the Backstreet Boys and Nicki Minaj.
- Linda Perry This songwriter is best known for her vocals for 4 Non Blondes, but she has also written some smash hits for the likes of Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, and Gwen Stefani.
- Prince Everyone knows Prince as a prolific songwriter. He wrote many of his own hits and many people are aware that it was his talent as a writer behind Sinead O’Connor’s hit “Nothing Compares 2 U.” Some may not know, however, that he also wrote many hits for other artists including “Manic Monday” by The Bangles, “Jungle Love” by The Time, and “How Come You Don’t Call Me” by Alicia Keys.
Build your own songwriting catalog, make money with your music, and keep licenses and intellectual rights to your songs managed with RightsIn.